SPUG: post processing PDF files to create internal links

Richard Wood wildwood_players at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 13:16:08 PST 2011

I am trying to post process a PDF file to add the ability to link from certain
text on pages of the PDF file to either a specific page in the PDF file or
better yet, a specific location on a specific page in the PDF file (highlighting
the word on that page)

I am thinking that PDF/Reuse.pm will help me accomplish this, but I am wondering
if anyone has experience with accomplishing something like this.

An abstract example would be to find all occurrences of a set of words in a
document and enable the user to click on any of those occurrences and jump to a
definition section in the PDF file where that word is defined.

Even better, would be the ability to have the definitions in a separate PDF that
would open in a separate browser or tab of a browser so that the user could
maintain position in the source document while having the definition navigation
in the other document.

Regards,

Rich Wood
 Richard O. Wood