SPUG: Let's host a YAPC (Or at least talk about it)

Jonathan Hogue jon at hogue.org
Tue Oct 19 14:02:48 PDT 2010

>  That is, with a lot of low- to medium-level commitments like yours, we could avoid the
> huge-level commitments (punishments) heaped on those who stepped forward.  I'd like to
> avoid the "punish the volunteer" anti-pattern in group dynamics.

A permanent wiki with YAPC functions broken down would be pretty
valuable in my opinion.

For example:
"Take Reservations for Dorm Rooms" might include these pieces of advice.
* Take reservations for whole rooms only. Taking reservations for
individual beds is much more complicated. (And the ACT system doesn't
support it very well.)
* Remember that coed bathrooms in a dorm don't work. Place all the
females on the same floor.

In addition to allowing a bunch of people to take small chunks of
work, we can get better at running conferences every year.