SPUG: WolframAlpha - a great GUI and API for computing everyday knowledge

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRWolf at att.net
Thu Mar 4 15:47:14 PST 2010

On Mar 4, 2010, at 12:56 PM, Devin Ben-Hur wrote:

> Michael R. Wolf wrote:
>> Stephen Wolfram (of Mathematica fame) has created
>> www.WolframAlpha.com
>> Have fun.  Report back with your favorite find.
>
> One of my favorite polar plots: http://bit.ly/HerbAlpha

Nice...

And, since I won a caffeine tee shirt at my first SPUG meeting, let's
pivot from math to meth... chemically, that is

     http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=THC%2C+ethanol%2C+caffiene%2C+nicotine%2C+meth

P.S.  Did you notice that it even corrected my spelling?

P.P.S.  I just shared WolframAlpha with my local librarian.  She
kicked back in her chair, flabergasted and said
     "This is cool.  This is kinda like when you used to have the
encyclopedia as a kid.  This is cool!"
It made my day, sharing such a deep information source with another
deep information worker.

--
Michael R. Wolf
     All mammals learn by playing!