SPUG: Parsing (or at least matching) C function prototypes

Andrew Sweger andrew at sweger.net
Mon Mar 1 20:10:34 PST 2010

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010, Michael R. Wolf wrote:

> In order to create an instrumentation layer in his C code, a friend
> wants to extract function prototypes from his C code.
>
> His first try worked with regular expressions.
>
> And now his second try also works with regular expressions.

Thus the voice spake:

    Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use
    regular expressions."  Now they have two problems.

More or less from the well know hater of Perl, jwz (whom we respect):

    http://regex.info/blog/2006-09-15/247

--
Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
                                things can go wrong at once.