SPUG: idioms of late

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRWolf at att.net
Mon Jan 18 23:59:10 PST 2010

On Jan 18, 2010, at 3:39 PM, Joshua Juran wrote:

> You have to use a copy of $_ because $_ is read-only in map.

Thanks for the reminder.  I, too, have started using a bit more
functional-style Perl of late.  It's good to be reminded of the
limitations.

And I'm also weighing the functional map and grep versus (as you say)
non-functional foreach loops.  I'm still on the fence for some uses,
but trying to grow into the (Higher Order Perl) way of doing some list
processing.

Thanks for the thread and comments, all....

--
Michael R. Wolf
     All mammals learn by playing!
         MichaelRWolf at att.net