SPUG: Pull out of a blocking subroutine?

Christopher Howard choward at indicium.us
Mon Jan 11 17:27:10 PST 2010

Hi. I'm still working on integrating LEGO::NXT into my project. Problem
I've hit though is that apparently there are no actual functions for
checking communication status with the robot.

There is other function I thought I could use to detect (implicitly) if
communication is still established. Problem is that they are /all/
blocking. Documentation basically says that the author hasn't got around
to making non-blocking functions yet, and I don't really have time to
reprogram his module myself.

So, my perverted, evil question: Is there some hackish way to pull out
of a blocking subroutine? Say, if it has returned after three seconds or
something like that?

--
Christopher Howard
http://indicium.us