SPUG: email addresses in the archives

Bri Hatch bri at ifokr.org
Sat Feb 20 18:01:02 PST 2010

Almost 2010-02-20 09:31 -0800, Meryll Larkin interposed:

> I would prefer my email address not to be in the archives.  I would prefer
> that within my email address, my domain gets swapped out for "bogus.com" or
> something similar.

(Not directly related to the archive question.)

If one wants to use a 'non-existant' domain, use 'example.{com,org,net}'.

(Yes, DNS for these domains exist, and they even have a webserver up and
running, but the names are reserved for examples in RFC-2606 and should
black hole email, etc, quite well.)

--
Bri Hatch, Systems and Security Engineer. http://www.ifokr.org/bri/

Preserve wildlife.  Pickle a squirrel.