SPUG: Suggestions for web crawler framework, toolkit, or reusable pieces?

Trevor Hall hallta at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 14:43:36 PDT 2010

There are a few out there now a days.  I've had some success in the past
with Nutch (http://lucene.apache.org/nutch/).  Plays pretty well with other
Apache projects, too.  Heritrix (http://crawler.archive.org/) is another
semi-popular one.  Snags more than text, which may be of use.  I know there
are plenty others, but these two had shined for their particular niche last
time I researched it (which was a few years ago now).

 - Trevor