SPUG: How do *you* install multiple versions of Perl?

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.com
Wed Apr 21 18:30:20 PDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010, Michael R. Wolf wrote:
> As a follow-up to the Josh's (general, theoretical) talk last night on
> Perl 5.12, I'd like to pose a (specific, practical) question:
>   How do you install and use multiple versions of Perl on a single
> machine?

We use the OpenPKG portable package management system which allows multiple
instances, each with its own version of perl, python, etc.

	http://www.openpkg.org

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give
orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch
manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die
gallantly.  Specialization is for insects. Robert Heinlein