SPUG: Best practice? DBI connection parameters *not* in Perl code

Skylos skylos at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 10:53:01 PDT 2010

I'm not entirely sure if its best practice, but my feeling is that I would
prefer a config file because its a more obvious artifact that can be
deployed with the application.  As for format, YAML of course.  And here's a
module especial for that.

http://search.cpan.org/~moconnor/YAML-AppConfig-0.16/lib/YAML/AppConfig.pm

Skylos

--
"If only I could get rid of hunger by rubbing my belly" - Diogenes