SPUG: Speaking

Joshua D. Drake jd at commandprompt.com
Thu Oct 22 08:24:52 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-21 at 18:35 -0700, Kate wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 "C.J. Adams-Collier" wrote:
>
> > Can you spin it to be about Perl? :)
>
> PostgreSQL optimization is always good to me, but I can see the point.
> A bit on mixing in PL/Perl would absolutely rock, or perhaps something
> optimization with the Perl/PostgreSQL interfaces.  We ran into a few
> issues with prepared statements skipping indexes depending on using
> fetchrow_hashref() versus fetchrow_array(), say, though that was with
> an older PG version*.

Just so people are clear :). My idea on this is:

I am a Perl developer
I am not a DBA
What are the 10 things to change in the postgresql.conf that can make
postgresql go zip and what should I change them to?

I can also do other talks like general best practices, but that is
really a different talk as the above is an easy hour.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
If the world pushes look it in the eye and GRR. Then push back harder. - Salamander