SPUG: Refresher Classes on Perl Topics

Tim Maher tim at consultix-inc.com
Thu Jul 16 08:07:38 PDT 2009

From: Tim Maher, Consultix
  Re: Economical "Refresher Courses" on our Training Topics

We try hard to maximize the benefits of our classes to our students.
But sometimes, changes to the priorities of the student's department,
personnel reassignments, shrinking corporate budgets, and other
unforeseen circumstances can diminish the benefits of our training.

For example, "Dave" took "Perl Programming, plus Modules" in Spring of
2008 in preparation for his planned reassignment to a Perl programming
team, but that never happened--so he didn't get to use the skills
he learned!

Next month, he's /definitely/ going to begin programming in Perl, but
at this point he doesn't remember much from last year's class.

Of course, Dave /could/ review the (highly detailed) course notes we
provided and practice a bit on his own, but he'd prefer to re-immerse
himself in the material under the guidance of somebody who could answer
his questions--without paying for the entire class a second time!

This is where our new service comes in; "Refresher Courses" let you
attend a class for a second time at a steeply discounted price.

To qualify, you simply provide your name, the name of the upcoming
course you want to repeat, and the approximate dates of your prior
attendance (the exact dates are printed on your course completion
certificate, but if you can't find that, jut give us a rough idea of
when it was and we'll take it from there).

This being vacation season, we're likely to have empty seats in many
classes. So to help fill them, and help former customers get back up
to speed on their topics of interest, we expect to be offering the
Refresher Class enrollment option for most of our upcoming classes. The
prices are shown below.

I'd be interested to hear what you think about this new service, and
whether you have any recommendations about other services we might be
able to provide to further assist you in your training needs.

If you want more information or have questions, feel free to
contact me!

Best wishes,
-Tim Maher
(206) 781-8649

      Summer Training Classes in Seattle from Consultix
        TITLE               DATES     Days    Refresher
                                                Price

  Intermediate Perl         7/21-07/23   3      $320

  UNIX/Linux Fundamentals   8/17-08/20   4      $425

  Perl Programming          8/24-08/26   3      $330
  Perl Modules              8/27-08/28  1.5     $180
   NOTE: Fall schedule coming soon!

                    CONSULTIX ON-LINE RESOURCES
General Information:
        http://www.consultix-inc.com
Course Listings:
        Perl,       http://TeachMePerl.com/perllist.html
        UNIX/Shell, http://TeachMeUnix.com/unixlist.html
Course descriptions:
        http://consultix-inc.com/sched.html
On-Site Training:
        http://www.consultix-inc.com/on-site.html
Tutoring:
        http://www.consultix-inc.com/tutoring.html
Prices and Registration:
        http://www.consultix-inc.com/reg.txt
        http://www.consultix-inc.com/cgibin/register.cgi
Instructor Evaluations:
        http://www.consultix-inc.com/testimonials.html
Don't learn too much! Get Tim's "Minimal Perl" book:
        http://MinimalPerl.com

|    Tim Maher, PhD  (206) 781-UNIX    http://www.consultix-inc.com    |
|     tim at ( TeachMePerl, TeachMeLinux, or TeachMeUnix ) dot Com     |
! *CLASSES: 7/13: Korn/Bash Shell       7/16: UNIX/Linux Utilities     |
|           7/21: Intermediate Perl     8/17: UNIX/Linux Fundamentals  |
|           8/24: Perl Programming      8/27: Perl Modules             |