SPUG: April 2009 Seattle Perl Users Group (SPUG) Meeting

Joshua ben Jore twists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 23:01:59 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 11:49 AM, C.J. Adams-Collier
<cjac at colliertech.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 10:49:43AM -0700, Michael R. Wolf wrote:
>
>> And they even elicited the laughs of a little girl in the audience.
>> (An effective technique for creating a talk that was effective at
>> many levels.)
>
> Scarlet had an excellent time.  The LOLCat slides were appreciated the most :)
>
> Sorry if we interrupted the talk more than appropriate.  Feel free to
> flame me off-list for bringing a kid to an adult play date!

No, if she's ok with it, bring her more often. I think the odds of
getting kid-friendly talks is kind of low though. :-( Heck, many
aren't even adult-friendly. On that note... going perpendicular, have
the rest of you seen zrusila's slides from YAPC NA 2008's lightning
talks? If not, http://www.slideshare.net/zrusilla/pulp-perl.

Josh