SPUG: Need a transparent email forwarding utility

Brian Hatch bri at ifokr.org
Tue Sep 16 12:19:09 PDT 2008

Near 2008-09-16 10:25 -0700, Tim Maher spewed:

> > If this is the case I'd argue that you're doing it wrong.  Most mail
> > clients have a resend feature that should let you resend
> > the mail transparently like you want and it would behave just like you
> > want.
>
> The mail client on A is Outlook Web Access, which AFAICT has no resend
> feature--just forward.

Do they offer imap or pop?  If so, you could use fetchmail to snag
the mail and use the --mda option to configure your email-rewriter
to do whatever you need on this system where you have actual shell
access.

If the problem is that your OWA machine offers nothing but forwarding
and is munging the headers and your job is to un-munge them then
you do have my sympathy.

--
Brian Hatch                  I'm not paid enough to be
   Systems and                nice to you.

Every message PGP signed