SPUG: Adapting tagsfs

Fred Morris m3047 at inwa.net
Tue Sep 2 20:51:08 PDT 2008

Hi,

I keep all of my digital photos in Zope (no Plone).

For document management and Perl, take a look at TWiki. It's GPL not PAL, but
it uses the filesystem as its "database". The TagMePlugin plays nice with
several others... although I forked its code because a) I found a bug and b)
I didn't like the direction they were going with search.

In particular for your application you would be able to create a form-driven
interface to create the pages with the attached items within TWiki's
framework. Or, you could just hack it at the filesystem level. It uses RCS
for revision control, but it doesn't require that the ,v file exist... you
can just create the pages and attachments and those artifacts will be created
for you automagically if needed... if you have the Perl chops to write the
wiki pages and attachments to the correct places to begin with.

--

Fred Morris, internet plumber