SPUG: October 2008 Seattle Perl Users Group Meeting

Colin Meyer cmeyer at helvella.org
Wed Oct 15 11:44:51 PDT 2008

    October 2008 Seattle Perl Users Group (SPUG) Meeting

    Topic: Getting Comfortable with the Perl Precedence Table
    Speaker: Tye McQueen
    Meeting Date: Tuesday, 21 October 2008
    Meeting Time: 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
    Location: Marchex - 4th & Pine

    Cost: Admission is free and open to the public
    Info: http://seattleperl.org/

Tomorrow, Tuesday, September 16th, is the next meeting of the THE
SEATTLE PERL USERS GROUP.

Getting Comfortable with the Perl Precedence Table: Help in
understanding it, not memorizing it, and making good use of it. The
good, the bad, and the ugly of it. And some "best practices"
suggestions.

Tye says, of his involvement with Perl, "I have been programming Perl
since the last days of Perl 3 but have only recently moved to Seattle to
enjoy my first ever paid position as a "Perl Programmer". I have made
several small contributions to the Perl source code but am most visible
in the Perl community of late as one of the absentee landlords of
http://PerlMonks.org/ and as the author and/or absentee landlord of
several modules including Win32::TieRegistry, Algorithm::Loops,
Algorithm:Diff, Acme::ESP, and Devel::EvalError. With regard to the
topic of my talk, I am proud to note that I recently convinced Larry
Wall to add one more slot to the Perl 6 precedence table (but my talk is
about the Perl 5 precedence table)."

Pre-Meeting
================

If you are so inclined, please come to the pre-meeting at the Elephant &
Castle pub on 5th & Union. We'll be there from 5-6:19PM.

Meeting Location
================

Pizza and Beer will be provided at the meeting.

Marchex
413 Pine St, Suite 500
Seattle, WA  98101

Contact: Jackie Wolfstone - 206-491-8072

The building is just south of Westlake Center. Enter on 4th Avenue, near
Pine street. The entry is near the Dog In The Park hotdog stand.

  http://www.baylis.org/static/marchex.png

Due to all of the shopping around us there is plenty of parking
available in garages, but it can be hard to find street parking in
the evening.

See you there!