SPUG: Problems Installing from CPAN

Tye McQueen tyemq at cpan.org
Wed Nov 26 22:09:05 PST 2008

Yeah, my guess was that a Perl built with GNU Make was being used but
non-GNU Make was being invoked.

Installing non-pure-Perl modules often works better when using a Perl you
built yourself because the Perl configuration process set up module
installation to match what tools you have, not what tools some other person
used.