SPUG: JOB: IMDb.com Sr Software Dev w/ Perl Expertise, Paid Services Team

SPUG Jobs jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Fri Mar 14 12:02:59 PDT 2008

IMDb is seeking a senior software developer with Perl expertise for our
paid services team. We offer a small company environment with the benefits
of working at a large company. IMDb is an Amazon.com company. We have a
stable and successful business model.

This position requires a minimum of a bachelor's degree in computer
science with three plus years of industry programming experience. Our
primary development language is Perl in the Linux/Unix environment, so a
solid base of skills in OO Perl,a working knowledge of database skills
(SQL, basic MySQL/Postgres/db admin) and core Apache skills are required.

Our paid services team is responsible for a variety of successful and
growing paid services including our subscription "http://pro.imdb.com" for
industry professional, and a thriving resume and photo upload service. The
work is constantly changing;  you may be called upon to work on diverse
areas such as metrics, payment systems, subscriptions, web services, db
tuning, DHTML, javascript - perhaps in the same week!

While we are seeking the core skill sets above, a specialty area that
complements our team will be a key hiring decision, so if you're a
virtuoso in a some area that you think would interest IMDb, please let us
know!

Applicants only: recruiters must not submit on behalf of other people.
Applications not submitted by candidates themselves are rejected.

Important: Use the words 'Software Developer, Paid Services' in the
subject line of your email, or it will be rejected automatically by our
spam filter. Send to careers at imdb.com