SPUG: Meeting Announcement -- 15 July 2008

Colin Meyer cmeyer at helvella.org
Mon Jun 30 20:08:59 PDT 2008

    July 2008 Seattle Perl Users Group (SPUG) Meeting

    Topic: Moose
    Speaker: Doug Treder
    Meeting Date: Tuesday, 15 July 2008
    Meeting Time: 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
    Location: Marchex - 4th & Pine

    Cost: Admission is free and open to the public
    Info: http://seattleperl.org/

Tuesday, July 15th, is the next meeting of the THE SEATTLE PERL
USERS GROUP.

For July's SPUG meeting, we get to hear Doug Treder speak about Moose, a
(post)modern object system for Perl5. Doug has previously presented this
talk for for Amazon, IMDb, and the University of Washington Perl
Certificate class, and is excited to give it again for SPUG.

    http://search.cpan.org/dist/Moose/

Doug is a member of the IMBb team, and is also well known as the
organizer and primary instructor of the UW Extension Perl Certification
courses. Many SPUGgers (as well as many more non-SPUGgers) have attended
those excellent classes.

    http://dynamicacademy.net/

Pre-Meeting
================

If you are so inclined, please come to the pre-meeting at the Elephant &
Castle pub on 5th & Union. We'll be there from 5-6:15PM.

Meeting Location
================

Pizza and Beer will be provided at the meeting.

Marchex
413 Pine St, Suite 500
Seattle, WA  98101

Contact: Jackie Wolfstone - 206-491-8072

The building is just south of Westlake Center. Enter on 4th Avenue, near
Pine street. The entry is near the Dog In The Park hotdog stand.

  http://www.baylis.org/static/marchex.png

Due to all of the shopping around us there is plenty of parking
available in garages, but it can be hard to find street parking in
the evening.

See you there!