SPUG: Programming diagramming software

Michael R. Wolf michaelrwolf at att.net
Wed Jul 23 21:17:37 PDT 2008

------------- Original message from "craig at seaperl.com" <seaperldev at gmail.com>: --------------

You know perltidy can be very useful for those annoying little legacy systems.
Check it out as it comes standard with perl.

Yes, perltidy(1) was my friend, but since they didn't even have a source code control system, they didn't want me changing the code.  My job was analysis and reverse engineering only.  (Of course, I copied the code elsewhere for my analysis.  Perltidy was job #1).

Unfortunately, I think it broke some of the code.  It's been years, so I don't remember the particulars, and I could even be mistaken there.

Anyone heard of perltidy(1) *changing* code instead of just *formatting* it?

--
Michael R. Wolf
MichaelRWolf at att.net
All mammals learn by playing.