SPUG: Presentation wanted: CPAN-Tester

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRWolf at att.net
Fri Feb 29 10:51:03 PST 2008

If you won't laugh at me, either, I'll join you in requesting some PerlMonk
insights from a PerlMonk insider.

Even after over a decade in Perl, I've never climbed over the barriers to
entry.  I'll read a posting someone references (like this one
http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=668481 recently on perltrainers), but I
don't start out at perlmonks.org

And for my $0.02:

I could even see this kind of information being done in an UN-conference
style.  We could seed the meeting with some "Perl culture" issues (e.g.
PerlMonks, CPAN Testing, CPANTS, Strawberry Perl, ....) then let it devolve
to a series of lightening flash mobs, peer-to-peer, pair-wise style instead
of talking-head style.  Having it seeded by "real problems" (e.g. how to
evaluate the various SOAP modules, or how to game the CPANTS system) from
the audience could show a good flow through the various arenas.

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!
        MichaelRWolf at att.net