SPUG: spug-list Digest, Vol 66, Issue 15

Chris Raplee chris.raplee at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 12:17:24 PST 2008

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 12:00 PM, <spug-list-request at pm.org> wrote:

> From: "Michael R. Wolf" <MichaelRWolf at att.net>
> Subject: SPUG: Test::More::ok() not inverting logic with local $TODO
> To: spug-list at pm.org
>
> I was expecting that TODO blocks would fail on success.  What am I
> missing?
>

>From http://search.cpan.org/~mschwern/Test-Simple-0.86/lib/Test/More.pm
   With a todo block, the tests inside are expected to fail. Test::More will
run the tests normally,
   but print out special flags indicating they are "todo". Test::Harness
will interpret failures as being ok.
   Should anything succeed, it will report it as an unexpected success. You
then know the thing
   you had todo is done and can remove the TODO flag.

So the behavior is expected.