SPUG: Is format evil?

Ryan Allen ryan at the-summit.net
Fri Mar 9 11:58:42 PST 2007

No I'm not complaining, just in need of a little sage guidance.

Does anybody know a painless way to send a format to two places at once?
I'd like for the format to go to STDOUT and an open filehandle.  For
example:

sub displayUpgradeConfig(){

    my ($k, $v);
    my $c = 1;

format STDOUT =
      blade @<< :   @<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< : @<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
            $c,     $k,                 $v
.

    foreach $i (\%blade1, \%blade2, \%blade3, \%blade4){

        while ( ($k, $v) = each (%$i)){
            write;
            write $logFH;
        }

        $c++;
    }
}

Notice the two "write" lines.  Possible?  I'm pulling my hair out?  The
above code produces this error:

Undefined format "Symbol::GEN0" called at ./clusterInstaller line 531.

Thanks!!

-Ryan