SPUG: JOB: Software Engineer, System Test Development, Mountain View, CA

SPUG Jobs jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Thu Mar 1 07:24:05 PST 2007

GOOGLE IS GROWING!! We need world-class software engineers to help us
develop one of the world's largest and most impressive Linux cluster
deployments. You will have a chance to work on the unique challenges
involved in building the system infrastructure that powers our Web search
engine, as well as our many other services.

Software Engineer, System Test Development

This is a full-time position located in Mountain View, CA. (Relocation
assistance will be provided.)

Play a key role in the development of one of the world's most impressive
computing infrastructures! Google is looking for outstanding Software
Developers to design, procure, and build test platforms as part of
Google's world-class server team.

Responsibilities:
- Use your software engineering experience to produce discrete programs to
  test Google platforms products
- Based on product specifications, use your expertise to design, procure and
  build test platforms to support new and existing hardware designs
- Analyze, troubleshoot and perform root cause failure analysis on
  identified systems. Drive issues to closure with preventive measures
- Work with contract manufacturers for all test process issues, including
  Process readiness and ongoing issue resolution
- Develop automated test scripts for functional test, installation, and
  burn-in
- Drive cost reduction by value engineering current test process
- Train datacenter technicians on troubleshooting of new hardware
- Monitor test capacity and yields
- Mentor junior team members
- Some travel may be required

Qualifications:
- BS/MS in EE, CS or equivalent (Ph.D. a plus)
- Recent 5+ years manufacturing test development experience in x86 server and
  telecommunications industry
- C/C++, Perl expertise, Linux; Python and Tcl/Tk a plus
- Ability to communicate manufacturing test requirements into design layout
  requirements
- Extensive test software/scripting experience
- An advanced knowledge of disk drives interfaces
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated technical leadership and mentoring skills
- Self-directed

Why is Google the #1 place to work?
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/bestcompanies/2007/snapshots/1.html

Thanks in advance, and I hope to hear from you!

Cheers,
Cinde Lucas
Engineering Recruiter, Platforms - Systems Software  | Google, Inc.
cinde at google.com | www.google.com/jobs |
http://labs.google.com/why-google.html