SPUG: One Python users' view of Perl

Eric Hanchrow offby1 at blarg.net
Thu Jun 14 21:42:43 PDT 2007

    Michael> What's your criteria for deciding whether to make better
    Michael> comments or refactor the code to be more readable?  They
    Michael> both have merit.  I'm interested what your balance point
    Michael> is.

I'm not sure I'm answering your question, but ...

It seems most of the comments that I write explain why my code is more
complex than you would naively expect it to be.  My intent is that
there's a good reason it's not simpler.  When the code is as simple as
one would naively expect, I rarely comment it.

This is true of any language I write in, not just Perl.

--
I do not wish to achieve immortality through my work.  I wish
to achieve it through not dying.