SPUG: JOB: Pioneer Square start-up, mobile content & applications

SPUG Jobs jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Sat Jan 6 15:25:18 PST 2007

Perl Developer

I'm with StarTechnical and we are an I.T. Staffing and Consulting Company.
My client is a 2 plus year start-up based in Pioneer Square that is in the
mobile content and applications industry. They are expanding rapidly and
they are currently in need of a Perl developer to work within their
application team

They are seeking a Perl Developer who understands that Perl is a very
serious, high-level programming language used in large, complex,
high-performance applications, and not just a "scripting tool." Part of
their primary applications is written in PERL and this particular
application goes out and "crawls" sites to obtain information about
pricing, equipment and services offered.

Requirements:

* 5+ years programming in Perl.
* HTML, DHTML, JavaScript, CGI and web development experience.
* SQL experience.
* C++ or C# (.NET) experience or knowledge is preferred.
* Full project life cycle experience.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Highly motivated, able to work both in a team and solo.
* Must be able to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Strong communication skills and a passion for doing great work.

This position is a permanent full time position and medical, dental,
vision, holiday and sick pay plus pre-IPO stock options and a generous
performance bonus is offered along with a market base salary. The salary
is based on the years of experience and the skills sets of the qualified
candidate.

This position does not allow for telecommuting at this time; however they
do have some telecommuting developers.

Qualified and interested candidates can submit their resume to:
JCSmith at StarTechnical.com

J.C. Smith
Star Technical, Inc.
Senior Technical Recuiter