SPUG: 2 QA postions at Whitepages.com, downtown

SPUG Jobs jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Tue Jun 20 06:54:24 PDT 2006

Whitepages has two openings for QA folks in our downtown Seattle offices
(Raniner Tower, 5th and Union).  We call these positions 'QAIII';
essentially our highest level individual contributor roles.  At this time
we have both a lead and a non-lead position open, and are accepting
resumes for both until further notice.

These are both full-time permanent (W-2) positions with full Whitpeages
benefits including but not limited to:

*          Profit sharing
*          Stock options,
*          Yearly education allowance,
*          Puget Sound Flex Pass,
*          Free snacks and
*          Free Friday Lunch.

Required Skill Set- See job description below.

Contact our recruiter directly (see below) for information

Here's the job description for the QA III position.  The Lead role is
essentially the same, but with some previous lead experience added.
-------------------------------------

WhitePages.com, Inc. is a profitable, diverse, and rapidly growing company
that is a leader in providing online directory assistance and data
services. We serve millions of users each month from our top-ranked Web
properties including WhitePages.com and WhitePages.ca. Our offices are
located in downtown Seattle, and we provide a work environment that is
casual, yet challenging, fun and fast-paced.

The Quality Assurance Engineer III is responsible for writing,
implementing and executing manual and automated test cases to exercise our
product components, APIs, proprietary data and search layer as well as our
in-house data sets. The Quality Assurance Engineer III will be expected to
find, isolate and enter bug reports in a bug database (including difficult
to isolate bugs requiring creative investigations and persistence),
organize larger investigations to isolate bugs, and work directly with
Development and Program Management to get bugs fixed. Quality Assurance
III will help design quality assurance processes and related testing
activities.

Responsibilities:

* Write, implement, and execute manual test cases to exercise system
  functions
* Design, implement, and execute automated test harnesses to exercise
  system functions
* Design, create and execute complex QA programs using multiple
  approaches.
* Identify and isolate complex software issues and communicate them
  effectively to engineering through written bug reports.
* Analyze and communicate the impact of code changes across our various
  products.
* Analyze data sets for validity and consistency.
* Create, update and maintain test cases and test plans.
* Document automation process and test approach for area of
  responsibility.
* Provide complete and accurate release notes
* Work with QA team to define and maintain a quality test case repository.
* Write and track software defects using bug tracking software.
* Track and communicate test results and testing status.
* Meet development milestones and business objectives on schedule.
* Contribute with strong personal effort and commitment to engineering
  initiatives.
* Demonstrate solid understanding of software design cycle along with good
  problem solving, documentation, and communications skills.
* Communicate closely and effectively with engineering management, leads,
  and peers.
* Communicate closely and effectively with product managers and business
  management, leads, and peers.
* Mentor and train other team members on QA best practices and domain
  knowledge.
* Assist with project management tasks (e.g. scheduling, task and project
  estimation, status report, etc.) as necessary.
* Assist with recruiting and interviewing as necessary

Education and Experience required:

* BS or advanced degree in computer science, engineering,(or equivalent
  professional experience)
* At least 5-7 years of experience in Quality Assurance using a variety of
  tools and techniques
* At least 5- 7 years of experience testing websites and web-based
  software products
* Advanced knowledge of standard QA process and procedures, test tools and
  methodologies, and product life cycles/
* Advanced knowledge of software development and engineering practices.
* Advanced knowledge of Web user interfaces and expected user experiences
  in Windows, Linux and/or Mac environments.
* Knowledge of Perl or equivalent automation programming language(s).
* Knowledge of HTML, XHTML, XML, XSLT, and/or JavaScript
* Intermediate to advanced experience with SQL, Oracle, Postgres, MySQL,
  or related technologies.
* Experience developing complex test cases from business requirements and
  functional specifications.
* Experience developing complex test scripts for an online environment
  within a Perl framework.
* Demonstrated ability to understand, write, and maintain technical
  documentation
* Advanced experience with load and stress testing.
* Advanced experience creating and executing complicated product path test
  plans.
* Experience scripting in an open source environment for test automation.
* Experience creating and/or updating automation test scripts.
* Advanced or expert skills with Windows, Linux, CVS, Apache, editors,
  relational databases and automation tools.
* Experience with Directory Assistance, Marketing List, or similar data
  (names, phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, demographic profiles,
  etc).
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Communicate effectively and represent QA standards and practices in
  individual and group communication.
* Advanced, independent analytical skills (problem solving, debugging
  code, etc.)
* Contributes to the QA process and software development life cycle in a
  leadership role
* Strong analytical ability and experience in designing and executing
  complex test plans.
* Define, apply, and improve QA practices in the company.
* Self reliant and able to work independently in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to successfully organize and balance priorities of multiple
  projects simultaneously

Please respond to Daina Wilburn at the email address or phone listed
below.

Thank you,

Daina Wilburn
Sr. Recruiter