SPUG: Suggestions for Testing scripts

Satish Gupta globetrotcom at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 15 10:49:12 PDT 2006

I have some data processing scripts, not modules, in a directory. These scripts use File::Spec to "require" other scripts and modules. I'll like to develop some test-scripts to test these data processing script and place them in a different directory, say "t".

  One way would have been to "require" the data processing script in this test script but that will mess up the relative paths constructed from File::Spec.

  I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to write and configure these test scripts. While you are at it, what is the correct syntax for:

  use if ($cond), Test::More tests => $Num_Tests;

  Thanks

http://mail.yahoo.com