SPUG: JOB: Senior Software Engineer Position at CarDomain Network

SPUG Jobs jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Mon Jul 31 14:51:41 PDT 2006

Senior Software Engineer

CarDomain Network

Do you have a desire to work at one of Washington's fastest growing
companies? CarDomain Network operates the web's largest community for auto
enthusiasts and an industry-leading online store, visited by over 1.8
million unique users per month. The company operates two primary lines of
business: Media and Retail. Founded in 1998, CarDomain Network is
privately held and is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. We seek
intelligent, energetic, highly motivated people who want to be part of
building a leading consumer brand. We offer a competitive compensation and
benefits package that includes: employer-paid health benefits, disability,
life insurance, matching 401(k), stock options, free lunch Fridays and a
great Lake Union location. Come make a difference at a growing company!

The Opportunity

We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our
development team. We work on designing and building challenging back-end
services that power leading edge community and online retail applications.
We work in a fast paced, team environment using agile software development
practices.

Responsibilities

* Technical design and implementation of secure, scalable, and
  high-performance online systems and applications.
* Lead technical planning on assigned engineering initiatives.
* Successfully translate business requirements into technical
  specifications and finished products/services.
* Assist in Quality Assurance as needed.
* Create and maintain high-quality documentation of all relevant
  specifications, systems, and procedures.
* Provide mentoring and training for junior staff.

Qualifications

The ideal candidate has:

* 5+ years of experience with object oriented Perl
* Thorough knowledge of Apache and mod_perl
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or
  mathematics required.
* 7+ years of work experience in website and software application
  development in Linux/UNIX
* Thorough understanding of relational databases and SQL. Oracle and/or
  MySQL preferred.
* Strong knowledge of Version Control Systems.
* Extensive experience with the full software development life cycle.
* Passionate about open source technologies.

Contact:
Lara Zwerling,
HR Recruiter/Generalist
lzwerling at cardomain.com
Direct: (206) 926-2136
Fax: (206) 926-2299
1633 Westlake Avenue North, Suite 100, Seattle, WA 98109