SPUG: odd array ref issue

mike mike206 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 10:14:17 PST 2006

I've totally been pulling my hair out over this and I'm probably missing
something stupid here but I figured the SPUG eyes would notice it
immediately

I have an array ref in $tmp, here is the Data::Dumpage

Thu Jan 26 10:00:40 2006 tmp: $VAR1 = [
          '102',
          '104'
        ];

then I put that into my $params hashref

    $params->{donor_pk} = $tmp;

then I Data::Dump the $params hashref

Thu Jan 26 10:00:40 2006 params: $VAR1 = {
          'all' => '1',
          'Submit' => '1',
          'view' => 'donors',
          'donor_pk' => 'ARRAY(0x60234)'
        };

notice the dumper does not traverse into that array, which it usually does
with other hashrefs and objects i've created.
the ref() function also does not return ARRAY anymore after I stick it into
that hash. furthermore, that hash goes into another hash which is obviously
not going to do much for me either.

this is something i do rather frequently but do not think i've seen this
issue before.