SPUG: FW: Perl Question

Atom Powers atom.powers at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 08:07:51 PDT 2005

Try this, after turning the perl scrit into a batch file do:
'rename script.bat script.cmd'

A cmd script is a batch scritpt; the only difference I am aware of is that
Windows NT decided to use "cmd" for it's batch extensions when the command
interpreter changed from 'command.exe' to 'cmd.exe'.

On 9/12/05, Michael R. Wolf <MichaelRWolf at att.net> wrote:

> I got this question from a recent student in one of the Perl classes I
> taught. Anyone ever heard of such a thing or have an idea other than a
> simple shell-like script that copies and fiddles with permissions?
>
> =====================================
>
> How do you convert a perl script with an extension of .pl into a Windows
> Command Script with an extension of .CMD?
>
> I know how to convert a perl script into a Windows Batch Script with
> pl2bat
> but I can't seem to find a similar utility for .CMD files.
>
> There must be a way since a former vendor has done all of their Perl
> scripts
> in this manner.
>
> Do you have any ideas?
>
> --
> Michael R. Wolf
> All mammals learn by playing!
> MichaelRWolf at att.net

Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
--Atom Powers--