SPUG: Minimal Perl web site & notification requests

Tim Maher tim at consultix-inc.com
Mon May 30 09:05:10 PDT 2005

Fellow SPUGsters,

Many have been wondering about the current status of my book called
"Minimal Perl: for UNIX & Linux people", so here's a quick update.

The (multi-stage) review process was completed a while ago, the
final modifications have been made, and we're currently working
on the "typesetting".

There have been some unexpected delays in this last phase, having to
do with the reluctance of documents based on a combination of POD,
troff, and tbl to being converted to MS-Word, but we expect the Ebook
(i.e., the electronic edition) to become available in late July, and
the paper version to be available in late August.

The publisher has set up a mailing list for those who want to be notified
when the Ebook and paper editions become available, which you can join by
clicking on "Want to Stay in Touch" at the book's web site,
http://www.manning.com/maher

-Tim
P.S.  The price shown on the web-site is a "worst-case estimate", and
will probably come down once we determine the actual page-count, which
could be considerably smaller after the conversion to Word is finished.

P.P.S.  WE'RE TAKING REQUESTS!
If you or your colleagues are interested in any of our 2+ dozen courses
on UNIX, Linux, or Perl topics, let us know and we'll be happy to consider
presenting them in public or on-site offerings to suit your needs.

                    CONSULTIX ON-LINE RESOURCES
General Information:
        http://www.consultix-inc.com

On-Site Training:
        http://www.consultix-inc.com/on-site.html

Course Listings:
        Perl,       http://TeachMePerl.com/perllist.html
        UNIX/Shell, http://TeachMeUnix.com/unixlist.html

Instructor Evaluations: http://www.consultix-inc.com/evals.html
    Course Evaluations: http://www.consultix-inc.com/course_evals.html

-Tim
| Tim Maher, PhD     (206) 781-UNIX      (866) DOC-PERL     (866) DOC-UNIX |
| tim(AT)Consultix-Inc.Com  http://TeachMePerl.Com  http://TeachMeUnix.Com |