SPUG: Slashcode question

Paul Farrall paul_farrall at yahoo.com
Sun May 22 11:37:18 PDT 2005

Anybody out there using slashcode?  I'm trying it out for my website
(http://xs-adventure.com).   Installation was fairly straightforward.
Configuring it - not so straightforward.   I'm stuck on two things:

1) How to change which blocks appear on the homepage.  I could hack the
code, but surely that is not the preferred approach?  Is there a
template somewhere that controls this?

2) I can't seem to edit the contents of the "Quick Links" box on the
right side of the page.  I modified the template via the admin.pl UI.
Looks like the new contents are in the DB, but the default content
still shows up.  Where is this content coming from?

This is what shows up in the homepage html:

<!-- begin quicklinks block -->

You should put some links here to other sites that your users might
enjoy.

<!-- end quicklinks block -->

When I poke at the Blocks table in the DB,  I don't see any blocks with
this text.  The index_qlinks record has my new content.

mysql> select bid,text from blocks
[cut]
.... no text here that looks like the default content.

mysql> select * from blocks where bid='index_qlinks' \G
        bid: index_qlinks
      block: <!-- begin quicklinks block -->

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/
http://www.bwsailing.com/