SPUG: Subversion

Itay Furman itayf at u.washington.edu
Thu Mar 24 17:31:01 PST 2005

Also checkout darcs.  It has an approach to version control that
is completely different from all other systems.  It's open source
and presumably much easier to install than subversion, and easy
to use (from my limited experience).

http://abridgegame.org/darcs/

 	Thanks,
 	Itay

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Andrew Sweger wrote:

> Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:59:57 -0800 (PST)
> From: Andrew Sweger <andrew at sweger.net>
> To: Seattle Perl Users Group <spug-list at pm.org>
> Subject: SPUG: Subversion
>
> I *finally* got in to using Subversion (svn) a couple days ago. I
> converted a bunch of CVS repositories to SVN and last night I read through
> about half of the "Version Control with Subversion" book[1] (the hardcopy
> version). It's a thing of beauty. I finally got through my head what I
> thought I understood already about branching and tagging in Subversion
> too. Pure simplicity.
>
> Would there be an audience at the 19 April SPUG meeting for a presentation
> on converting from CVS to SVN and using Subversion?
>
> Don't answer my question here. Please vote at the poll:
>
>  http://perl.meetup.com/86/poll/
>
> If you don't have a Meetup.com account, it's easy to create one.
>
> If there's questions or discussion on this, reply to this message.
>
> [1] - http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

Itay Furman, Ph.D
Genome Sciences                |   phone:   +1 (206) 543 9040
Health Sciences Bldg., K-326   |     fax:   +1 (206) 685 7301
University of Washington       |   email: itayf at u.washington.edu
Seattle, WA  98195-7730