SPUG: Impromptu Linux Lunch

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.com
Wed Jun 29 18:22:18 PDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005, Jay Scherrer wrote:
>Group,
>I don't know if we still do impromptu Linux lunches, But I have a place,
>and they serve great lunches.
>The place is at the Seattle Senior Center
>525 N 85th Seattle, Wa. <http://greenwoodseniorcenter.org>. The cost of
>the lunch is only $3.00 please call ahead if your coming. But thats not
>all, We have been trying to set up a central file server using Samba on
>Fedora core 3. I am having a heck of a time figuring wins and winbind.
>If we could get some advice on my configurations it would be most
>appreciative...

I *STRONGLY* recommend getting copies of John Terpstra's Samba How-To and
Samba by Example books (I think PDFs are available for download from
samba.org).  John has excellent, real-world, examples that address all
aspects of Samba configuration, integration with Win2k/XP domains, etc.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by reading. The few who
learn by observation.  The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence
for themselves. -- Will Rogers