SPUG: Get the local IP address?

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.com
Wed Jul 20 15:35:38 PDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005, Atom Powers wrote:
>On 7/20/05, Bill Campbell <bill at celestial.com> wrote:
>
>> I handle this with a module I wrote that scans the output of the ifconfig
>> command with appropriate conversions based on the underlying OS.
>>

>I was hoping to avoid parsing ifconfig. But I haven't found any other way.

It's not too difficult with a few regular expressions.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human.  At best he
is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe and not
make messes in the house.
		-- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love"