SPUG: weirdness with two perl -d sessions simultaneously under same account?

Fred Morris m3047 at inwa.net
Sat Feb 19 14:36:24 PST 2005

I've been debugging a client-server thingy, and I've noticed what appears
to be a weird line buffering problem when I have both parts running under
perl -d in the same account. The server is not threaded, it uses a select
to monitor multiple TCP/IP client connections (old school Perl Cookbook)..
and I'm not in the select loop, I'm way down in the guts and trying to
print stuff from the debug prompt and nothing comes out until I step.

Thought I'd ask if anybody had experienced anything like this, or what else
it might be. Perl 5.8.0 FWIW.

--

Fred Morris
fredm3047 at inwa.net (I-ACK on subject line to reply)