SPUG: new CPAN shell and LWP::Simple

Andrew Sweger andrew at sweger.net
Sat Dec 31 15:39:38 PST 2005

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005, apv wrote:

> I recommend NOT installing the GET, HEAD, POST aliases on OS X.
> The case insensitivity of the system causes a clash with another
> core package (which one slips my mind right now).

It's most likely the standard head(1) utility (that shows the first ten
lines of files typically).

Note that users lucky enough to be using Mac OS X 10.4 now have the option
of setting up HFS+ filesystems that are case-sensitive. (And there was
much rejoicing!)

--
Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
                                things can go wrong at once.