SPUG: new CPAN shell and LWP::Simple

Ramon Hildreth ramonred at mac.com
Fri Dec 30 08:01:39 PST 2005

Hi,
I am relatively new to perl - I am attempting to install
LWP::Simple.  This is the first time I installed something from CPAN,
so first I had to answer some questions. I am not sure if I answered
them correctly.

when I run 'install LWP::Simple at the CPAN shell, I get a lot of
activity, everything seems well until  the end I get this message.
This package comes with some sample programs that I can try
to install in /usr/bin.

----

Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for LWP
   y  -- NOT OK
Running make test
   Can't test without successful make
Running make install
   make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

I am running MAC OS X

I am wondering if I broke this by answering some questions
incorrectly during the CPAN set-up. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.