SPUG: politics, sorry Re: Living in Seattle

Fred Morris m3047 at inwa.net
Wed Aug 10 11:15:38 PDT 2005

You see, that sucks (much more than POD and prototypes IMO).

While I admit to being somewhat conflicted about the policies on granting
of H1B visas to begin with, and on the other hand I don't want to advocate
the kind of socio-political dynamics which contributed to the Johnson
County cattle wars:

I am firmly against slavery and indentured servitude.

I am a U.S. citizen, and I believe that if we're going to let people come
to this country to work and actively contribute to the society then within
the scope of their professional duties and obligations (and provided they
weren't hired simply to agitate), narrowly defined, they should have the
same rights as U.S. citizens to speak out, criticize the government and
their employers, be protected by whistleblower statutes, form, join or
participate in unions, and so forth.