SPUG: (no subject)

Charles Mauch cmauch at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 01:51:14 PDT 2005

>>> Wait, wait, wait. Just wait a moment.
>>> Did you "use strict"? Hmmm. Or warnings? *sigh*
>> When testing, I usually "use diagnostics".  I should probably start using
>> strict though :)
>
> The diagnostics pragma is not the same as strict. You generally _always_
> want to use strict (and then disable various amounts of strictness in
> limited scopes as needed).

I spent a few hours tonight enabling string and warning and cleaning up the
resulting mess.  I learned a ton about Pragma and Lexical scope as a
result.  Now the only errors generated are the result of failures in the
perl modules I'm using. :)

--
Take it easy

Charles Mauch, [cmauch at gmail.com], Big Time Glue Eater
Every message PGP or S/MIME signed to verify authenticity.
Playing "Kelly Watch the Stars" by Air (Moon Safari)