SPUG: Stas Bekman visiting Seattle in August

Andrew Sweger andrew at sweger.net
Tue Apr 26 11:41:51 PDT 2005

I meant to Cc: this to the group.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrew Sweger <andrew at sweger.net>
To: jerry gay <jerry.gay at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:41:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: SPUG: Stas Bekman visiting Seattle in August

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, jerry gay wrote:

> how much does stas need to cover in order to make it to seattle? if we
> had an approximate amount, it may be easier to get buy-in (literally)
> from the group.

Lots of unknowns here. Figure there's a flight and at least a couple
nights staying somewhere. A few hundred bucks?

> BTW any chance of a social meeting before the next tech meeting? i
> just moved to seattle from philidelphia, and i'm looking to make
> friends and meet colleagues. i'm working from home for a client in
> princeton, nj. i don't get to meet many people that way :)

We used to have these wickedly cool Open Sauce Lunches that would spring
up periodically. Anyone can schedule one.

  http://wiki.seattleperl.org/index.cgi?OpenSauceLunch

--
Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
                                things can go wrong at once.