SPUG: Modules screwing each other up.

Dan Ebert mathin at mathin.com
Thu Oct 7 15:40:30 CDT 2004

Here's an interesting problem ...

I am attempting to use two modules in another module I am writing:
SOAP::WSDL and SOAP::Parser.

When I put the 'use' for the SOAP::WSDL module first I get this error when
trying to call the parsestring method from the SOAP::Parser module:

Can't call method "get_deserializer" on an undefined value at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/SOAP/Parser.pm line 326

When I 'use' the SOAP::Parser module first I get this when trying to call
the new method from the SOAP::WSDL module:

Can't locate object method "xmlschemaclass" via package "SOAP::Serializer"
at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/SOAP/Lite.pm

I've tried putting the 'use' inside the subroutines that need it, but that
doesn't seem to help.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan.