SPUG: Re: CPAN install from CD (i.e. without Internet)

Jay Scherrer jay at scherrer.com
Wed Nov 24 11:57:50 CST 2004

Michael,

One good thing about Open Source, You can look to the source.

If you keep your cd mounted you should be able to point your configs
to your cdrom with out any problem. But like was said earlier, you
could copy the cd to a http, ftp or pub directory, then point the
CPAN::Config  there.

Change:
 'urllist' => [q[http://www.perl.com/CPAN/]],
to point to your localhost:
 'urllist' => [q[http://localhost/CPAN/]],

Taken from package LWP::Protocol::cpan;
###Section CPAN.pm###
unless ($CPAN) {
    # Try to find local CPAN mirror via $CPAN::Config
    eval {
        require CPAN::Config;
        if($CPAN::Config) {
            my $urls = $CPAN::Config->{urllist};
            if (ref($urls) eq "ARRAY") {
                my $file;
                for (@$urls) {
                    if (/^file:/) {
                        $file = $_;
                        last;
                    }
                }
###End Section###

###Directory Listing located in CPAN::Config###
$CPAN::Config = {
###
 'urllist' => [q[http://www.perl.com/CPAN/]],
}