SPUG: more Help with DBI/ppm/ppd/mysql?

David Innes (CSG) davidinnes at chicagoscience.com
Thu Nov 18 09:30:30 CST 2004

Hi John,

I have MovableType running on one of my Win2K servers.  I've found a number
of compatibility issues between ActiveState's versions 5.6 and 5.8 versions
of Perl when it comes to modules you can get from their PPM repositories.
While I use 5.8 on my personal machine I've been sticking with 5.6 on my
servers.  I suggest you try uninstalling 5.8.4 and installing their latest
5.6.x distribution instead.  They maintain separate PPM repositories for the
different versions and that version of DBI appears to be compatible with
Movable Type.

For what it's worth the version I'm successfully using is ActiveState build
633, which has Version 5.6.1.  If the most recent build of 5.6 doesn't cut
it you can always download that instead. It's been driving all websites on
that server for years.

Another possibility: The full version of MT includes all necessary Perl
modules.  I don't know if the installation script adds them to your Perl
distribution or not but it's worth looking into.

If you email me directly I'll be happy to help you troubleshoot.  As SPUG's
token Windows Perl use it's in my interest to help you get this resolved.
:-)

                        -- David Innes

confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, any further disclosure or use, dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you
think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please delete it
and notify the sender.

  _____