SPUG: Perl logic module?

Brian Hatch bri at ifokr.org
Tue Mar 23 13:51:42 CST 2004

I want to write something that can handle some standard logic command
line arguments.  Think tcpdump args, for example.  So I'd supply
subroutines (or whatever's required) that can return true/false, and
have some perl module stick them together in the correct dynamic order,
as requested by the user.

For example, if I want to do something to a bunch of hosts depending
on the criteria specified

  do_something -os linux -and ( -location seattle -o -purpose webserver)

So I'd provide subs/etc for 'os', 'loc'tion' and 'purpose' and it'd call
them as appropriate for each thing (host in the above case) to give me
a grand 'true/false' when all's said and done.

Anyone know of something like this?

--
Brian Hatch                  I always wanted
   Systems and                to be somebody,

Every message PGP signed