SPUG: Books for auction at next meeting

Tim Maher tim at consultix-inc.com
Sun Jun 20 16:38:49 CDT 2004

On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 02:10:22PM -0700, Tim Maher wrote:
> SPUGsters,
>
> Peter Scott has given me a complementary copy of his new Perl
> Medic book, which is easily the most important Perl tome of the
> new millennium! 8-}

A quick point of clarification: although Damian's "OO Perl" book
bears a Y2K copyright date, that's misleading, because the book
actually came out in 1999, as the receipt I paid for mine clearly
proves.  (I discussed this with Damian at one point, to see if it
was an "Aussie thing", but he couldn't shed any light on this
situation.)

Speaking of Damian and Peter, I can tell you that I find their
writing styles are rather similar -- and we're bless()d to have
two such stellar talents in our relatively small (but
disproportionately talented) community, so I encourage you to
enjoy both books!

| Tim Maher, Ph.D.                    tim(AT)TeachMePerl.com |
| SPUG Leader Emeritus               spug(AT)TeachMePerl.com |
| Seattle Perl Users Group        http://www.SeattlePerl.com |
| SPUG Wiki Site               http://Spugwiki.Perlocity.org |
| Perl Certification Site      http://Perlcert.Perlocity.org |