SPUG: Web Developer Gigs

Jonathan Gardner jgardner at jonathangardner.net
Wed Jun 9 18:31:56 CDT 2004

On Wednesday 09 June 2004 02:59 pm, James Moore wrote:
> Is it just me or has the job market suddenly become much more
> interesting even in just the last few weeks?

Yes. National statistics show job growth and salary growth at record
numbers, and not just in the IT sector. Manufacturing and other "real" jobs
are experiencing it too.

We haven't had growth like this since the mid 80's. Could this be due to
Reaganomics?

I remember reading about 6 months ago about a rapid increase in investments
and inventory, and a steady low interest rate, and how that was going to
translate to new jobs in due time. That due time is now.

Amazon is still hiring. Email me if you want an inside contact.

--
Jonathan Gardner
jgardner at jonathangardner.net