SPUG: Perl Medic "Transforming Legacy Code" by Peter Scott -- book review

Benj. Mako Hill mako at debian.org
Thu Jul 22 02:53:48 CDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 03:50:45PM -0700, Jonathan Gardner wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 July 2004 03:17 pm, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 02:47:15PM -0700, "Michael R. Wolf"
> <MichaelRWolf at att.net> wrote:
> > > Perl Medic "Transforming Legacy Code"
> >
> > Anyone else care to make "must read" book recommendations?  I'm
> > particularly interested to hear about books that change the way
> > you code, or the way you look at coding.
>
> * Object Oriented Perl - Damian Conway (out of print?)
>
> Must have for understanding how OO perl really works.

I'll speak out for OO Perl as well. It's one of my favorite computer
books. It's definitely my favorite Perl book so far. It a good
introduction to OO for folks that have no experience with OO and it's
changed the way I write Perl. :)

I've bought, "lent", and re-bought it several times now. :)

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill