SPUG: Perl oddity?

Colin Meyer cmeyer at helvella.org
Thu Jan 29 12:53:14 CST 2004

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 10:46:08AM -0800, O'neil, Jerome wrote:

> [...]

Perl prototypes are enforced at compile time. The problem is that OO
method call resolution takes place at runtime in Perl. I'm not familiar
enough with the prototype mechanism to know if enforcing them at runtime
is feasible. I'm guessing that it is not, because that desireable
feature hasn't shown up yet.

-Colin.